History

The Oklahoma Health Center traces its origins to 1917 when the Sixth Oklahoma Legislature appropriated land on N.E. 13th Street for a building to house the University of Oklahoma medical department and teaching hospital. By 1928, the campus had grown to include a building for the nurses training program, a hospital for children and a classroom building for the College of Medicine.

Over the next half-century, the campus expanded into a vast medical center, finding purpose and excellence through the interaction of research, health care, education, technology and community health support. The close cooperation and interaction between organizations is one of the greatest strengths of the Oklahoma Health Center.


Get the Newsletter